Leeds African Studies Bulletin No. 71 (2009/10)
Articles from a former Leeds research fellow, Solomon Tsehaye, on Eritrean oral culture; from Elinettie Chabwera on madness in the writing of Bessie Head, and from Hannah Cross on migration from West Africa.
- Aspects of Traditional Wisdom: Agents of Conflict Resolution
- Migration, Mobility and Borders: the EU and West African Migrant Communities
- Madness and Spirituality in Bessie Head’s A Question of Power
- Review of The Ethiopian Red Terror Trials: Transitional Justice Challenged
- Review of The Darfur Sultanate: A History
- Review of A Short History of African Philosophy
- Review of From our Side: Emerging Perspectives on Development and Ethics
- Review of Elephant Reflections
- Review of Murder at Morija: Faith, Mystery and Tragedy on an African Mission
- Review of Becoming Somaliland /Understanding Somalia and Somaliland, Culture, History, Society.
- Review of Africa's Agitators: Militant Anti-Colonialism in Africa and the West, 1918-1939
- Review of Kenya: The Struggle for Democracy
- Review of War and the Politics of Identity in Ethiopia: The Making of Enemies and Allies in the Horn of Africa